Learn to Belly Dance in Classes Taught by a Certified Instructor
*Please note: I am currently in the process of relocating and hope to offer classes in the Mid-Atlantic region soon.
Think you might want to give shimmying a try? You’ve come to the right place!
Classes are a great place to meet new people, learn something different, and be creative. Why not do something good for yourself and have fun? No partner required, two left feet okay!
You’re also learning with an award-winning performance artist who’s certified in group fitness by the American Council on Exercise (that’s me!).
So wait… Can I really learn how to belly dance?
Of course! Belly dance is rooted in traditional Middle Eastern folk dances. It’s a community dance and it’s very accessible. Read more about belly dance.
But I’m too… (old, fat, clumsy, skinny, etc.)
Belly dancers come in all shapes and sizes, all ages and ethnicities, and all fitness levels. And I’ve taught ‘em all. I think you’re covered.
Why should I take belly dancing classes?
- It’s fun. People who told me they never liked dancing have found a place in belly dance.
- It’s great for fitness. You can expect light cardio aerobics and some gentle toning of the abs, glutes, and arms.
- It’s a cultural experience. Think you can learn a lot about someone by walking in their shoes? Try dancing in them!
- It’s a beautiful art, one that compliments a woman’s body very gracefully.
- Also, bragging rights (c’mon, you know you were thinking it!)
What’s a belly dance class like?
Ready to shimmy?